California’s state parks contain picturesque backdrops that are great places for weddings, proposals and elopements. It’s no wonder why many couples choose state parks to be the place where they say "I do."
That’s why CSPF thinks that California’s state parks are great places to ... "Tie the Knot"
While there are many to choose from, here are a few of the state parks where you can “Tie the Knot”:
- Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park: The water-powered mill (built in 1846) provides a picturesque setting for a wedding.
- Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park: The incredible views of Lake Tahoe along with the historic 12,000 square foot Hellman-Ehrman Mansion make for a breathtaking wedding venue.
- Empire Mine State Historical Park: Nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills, weddings span the grounds of the park and include use of the historic Clubhouse and Bourn Cottage.
- Jack London State Historic Park: The historic ruins of the Kohler and Frohling winery make for a dramatic and unique backdrop for a wedding celebration.
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park: There are 2 historic churches at this state park that can be used for wedding ceremonies.
- Patrick’s Point State Park: Couples have been climbing the rocky stairs to scenic Wedding Rock for over a hundred years to say “I do“.
- San Clemente State Beach: The historic cottage setting provides spectacular views of ocean sunsets and ideal location for couples to exchange vows.
Share your own “Tie the Knot ” experiences by adding your photos to our "California’s state parks are great places to ..." photo collection!